Skip to main content

Site work

Place the following in the correct sequence:
I Excavate and grade
II Remove top 6" of soil
III Set batter boards
IV Finish grading
V Rough grading

A. I, II, III, IV, V
B. V, IV, II, III, I
C. III, II, I, V, IV
D. II, I, III, V, IV
AnswerC. is the correct sequencing for site work.

ARE 4.0 exam prep: SPD

Comments

Try These Too!

Townships double post!

How many sections are contained within a township? Answer 36 (each is 1 mile square) What are the dimensions of 1/2 of a township? H & W Answer 18 miles square (3x6 sections) ARE 4.0 exam prep: SPD

Parking units

What are the car stall dimensions for a compact car? Answer A compact car stall size can be set by each municipality and therefore varies. Generally it is 7ft 6in wide by 15ft 0in long. However, in Fresno CA it's 8 1/2ft x 16ft and according to an Iowa urban design manual, it's 7ft 6in by 16ft. ARE 4.0 exam prep: SPD

Retaining wall pressure

Using the assumption of 30 lb/cubic ft for the equivalent weight of soil, what is the total pressure on an 8 foot high retaining wall? Answer P =(30/2)(8x8)=960 plf ARE 4.0 exam prep: SS