Skip to main content

Outdoor lighting

Commonly used outdoor lamps are metal halide (MH) and high pressure sodium (HPS). LEDs are also increasingly replacing them in outdoor applications, such as pedestrian path lighting. The quality of light differs among lamp types and is an important selection criteria considered with efficacy, efficiency, lamp life, and initial cost.

Match the light quality with a lamp type:

I. amber light II. white to bluish white light III. warm white
1. MH 2. HPS 3. LED (3000K)

A. 1=I, 2=II, 3=III
B. 1=III, 2=I, 3=II
C. 1=II, 2=III, 3=I
D. 1=II, 2=I, 3=III




D is correct.
Kelvin scale, at 2000K-4000K is warmer (yellowish), while 10000K becomes cool white or bluish.
are-review.blogspot.com

Comments

Try These Too!

Moisture content in wood

The amount of shrinkage, weight, strength, and withdrawal resistance of nails is affected by the moisture content in wood. Wood that is grademarked kiln dry has a maximum moisture content of: A. 15% B. 19% C. 25% D. 30% Answer A. 15%. Dry lumber moisture content cannot exceed 19%. ARE 4.0 exam prep: SS

Cantilevered beam

The bending moment in a cantilevered beam is negative. Which of the following statements are true? A. the top fibers are in compression B. the bottom fibers are in compression C. rebar placement should be either at the top or the bottom D. gravity loads are not a factor for negative moment Answer B. the bottom fibers are in compression in a cantilevered beam, so top fibers are in tension which requires rebar placement at the top to resist tension. ARE 4.0 exam prep: SS

Methods for Joining Metals

Soldering uses lead- or tin-based alloy solder filler to join two metals.  The solder filler metal melts below what temperature? Answer below 500 degrees fahrenheit or 260 degrees celsius. ARE 4.0 exam prep: BDCS