Skip to main content

Noise strategies

Which of the following building layout strategies would one consider to reduce noise?
I. provide separation of all quiet areas from sources of noise
II. locate mechanical rooms near noise sources
III. locate storage rooms away from noise source
IV. place openings close to noise sources
V. locate all doors away from noise sources

A. I, II, III
B. II, IV, V
C. I, II, V
D. III, V
AnswerC. I, II, V: locate quiet areas and openings (incl doors) away from noise source and locate mech areas near the noise.

ARE 4.0 exam prep: SD

Comments

Try These Too!

Townships double post!

How many sections are contained within a township? Answer 36 (each is 1 mile square) What are the dimensions of 1/2 of a township? H & W Answer 18 miles square (3x6 sections) ARE 4.0 exam prep: SPD

Parking units

What are the car stall dimensions for a compact car? Answer A compact car stall size can be set by each municipality and therefore varies. Generally it is 7ft 6in wide by 15ft 0in long. However, in Fresno CA it's 8 1/2ft x 16ft and according to an Iowa urban design manual, it's 7ft 6in by 16ft. ARE 4.0 exam prep: SPD

Retaining wall pressure

Using the assumption of 30 lb/cubic ft for the equivalent weight of soil, what is the total pressure on an 8 foot high retaining wall? Answer P =(30/2)(8x8)=960 plf ARE 4.0 exam prep: SS